home about adoption facebook pinterest email

Friday, June 17, 2011

pretties.

Hello.

So I've only done two actual photo sessions since I've moved to Austin. Terrible? Yes. Totally. Pathetic, really. I tell ya, this whole infertility thing has changed me a bit. I still have a great passion for photography, it's just a bit misguided at the moment. I have a difficult time wanting to photograph other people's kids, or other families... I just want to photograph my own babies. Watch my own kids grow through photos.

This isn't how I feel all the time, thank goodness, but it's caused my motivation for photo taking to slack a bit. It upsets me. I honestly don't want to work at Nordstrom the rest of my life. I want photography to be my number one job. Focus, Lauren, FOCUS! I'll get back on track. I'm beginning to try harder, at least.

The thing is... once I actually DO a session, I am so happy to be back in the game. I LOVE being behind the lens.. and I love the excitement of going through images on my computer after I get home from a session and seeing what magic is hidden away in there. Often times there's at least a little magic... :) This is how it worked out earlier this week..

Although I do have an entire website devoted to my photography, I have yet to put a post together for it with photos of my latest shoot. Laziness, I tell ya. That and I've worked every day this week so far.. and still have two more days to go. Erk. I'm still editing the session anyhow, so I shouldn't rush things, right? Right.

I am sort of in love with a few of the photos, though, so I thought I'd share a few with my favorite blogging friends.

{click on the photos to see them a little larger}

































Weekend means busy work days for me... but I wish you a happy weekend regardless, my friends. xo

2 comments:

Kelsie said...

i absolutely love your photography talents.

Ashlee said...

Beautiful!!