home about adoption facebook pinterest email

Monday, March 30, 2009

St. George + Photography

Hello my friends... Jake and I popped up to St. George real quicklike this weekend to surprise my mum who's choir had a big concert Saturday night. (sorry SG friends... didn't really tell anyone we were coming.... family trip I guess. Catch ya next time for sure.) We drove up Saturday morning and went hiking in Snow Canyon with my sister and her kids that were up hanging out with my mum for the weekend. (they're from Vegas also) It was a gorgeous day!
For those of you who don't know, I'm finally taking a photography class and learning a ton.. I LOVE it. I have an assignment due tomorrow, so I decided to walk around downtown St. George on Saturday afternoon, after hiking, to shoot some photos of a town with character. (Vegas has a lack of that.... well, classy character anyway..) It's pretty fun to learn more about what I love to do. I'm seriously loving every minute of it.
We're heading to San Diego on Friday! Can't WAIT! Jake's spring break is next week so we're taking Monday and Tuesday off work and making it a long weekend. Going to see my pops and mama ganda and enjoy the beauty of Southern California. We Pricelined a really nice hotel in Anaheim for Monday night. The Convention Center Hilton, I think. We got really lucky.. it was our first time with Priceline. So ya, we're hanging with Disney both Monday and Tuesday so life is good. I'm really just feeling anxious to have some beach sand between my toes...
-----Some shots of the weekend-UNEDITED-----

4 comments:

McKinna said...

awesome La! I love yer pics!
We can't wait to be in Cali either! Disneyland Thurs. for us!! YAY! We did priceline for the first time for this trip as well... $50 for a 3 star hotel- gotta love it! ;)

Benjamin Tyrrel said...

Cute pictures! Very nice job :) Sad I didn't get to see you, but I know I'll get ya next time! Keep up the great work love!

Kirsten said...

Uhh...that last one was from me. Sorry...

Chanelle said...

You're such a good little photographer. If I go down there anytime soon, I'll let you know just in case you decide to go that weekend or what not.