home about adoption facebook pinterest email

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

do what you love (a picture post)

So since quitting Nordstrom, I've been focusing on photography a lot more. It's great and I'm really stoked to be back in the swing of things. I've done two engagement, a family, a newborn and a maternity session this month. I also traveled to ABQ to see my brother, his wife and their two little boys for a week. Michelle had their second little guy on May 7th and he's pretty perfect. I loved being there to cuddle him and to play with his big brother. Carter is such a fun kid... and super smart, too. I had a pretty great time with them. Now I'm editing up all the photos I took there and of the other sessions that I had the pleasure of shooting. Pretty fun, I must say.

We have our orientation with a lady from LDSFS on Thursday. The whole adoption process is taking too long already, but I'm probably one of the most impatient people I know. So, ya... there's that. I'm doing my best, though, and am super excited to finally get to talk to someone one on one... I just can't wait to have baby Casto here with us. I've felt like our life has had a missing piece in it for far too long now.. and I'm ready to fill our apartment with the sounds, smells and love of a babe.

Anyway, I just popped in here to post a few pics of the happenings over the last few months. My mom and sister visited in March and then Jake's parents came the end of April. We can't get enough of family visits... it's what keeps us going being so far away from everyone. I'm going home (to Vegas) in July.. leaving my handsome man behind.. and I'm seriously looking forward to spending as much time as possible with the family. Oh, and getting some photo shoots in as well, of course. :)













No comments: