home about adoption facebook pinterest email

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Another Black Cloud Rolls In

FYI: this is an incredibly depressing post about the realities of life..

It's hard to imagine too many worse things than the frustrations and heartache of dealing with infertility... 

Except for maybe dealing with a miscarriage after years of infertility.

It's not something I really even want to talk about. But I feel like I almost need to in order to start moving forward again. 

To keep the painful story short, let me just say that we found out we were pregnant about a month ago. I had conceived naturally the month after my surgery. We were absolutely thrilled. After two years of trying, we were finally going to have a baby. I can't even describe the happiness I felt for exactly one month. We got to tell our families in person when we were in Las Vegas earlier this month... we bought a couple things for "baby" just because we finally could. It was hard to get me down.. even though I was nauseous most of the time, I welcomed it with open arms. 

Well not everything wonderful is meant to last... or at least that was the reminder we received last week when we got the news that there was no heartbeat and that I was in fact carrying a blighted ovum. I didn't take the news well, of course. The day I found out, last Tuesday, I called in sick to work, took a xanax, and basically tuned out for the day. I had the D&C  procedure on Friday and I actually felt okay that morning. I thought I had come to terms with everything. Until I woke up from the procedure.. felt the bleeding and the cramping.. and knew it was really over. I've just sort of felt empty ever since. I'm working on it, though. I think it's normal to mourn, right? Like everyone says.. at least I can get pregnant. So there's that.

So I sort of just want to leave it at that. I wish I had something really inspirational and beautiful to say.. like how I've learned through this tragedy some amazing thing that'll change my life for the better. Maybe I have.. I just haven't realized it yet. I guess I do know it will all have been worth it one day. When I have my baby in my arms, finally. I do have faith that I will still have that dream. 

For now it just sucks. Loss sucks. Unhappiness sucks. Trying to find reasons to keep positive when life just keeps kicking you with muddy boots.. you guessed it.. sucks. This post sort of sucks! I'm sorry.. what a total downer. I'll be okay guys, I promise. Just hang with me for a bit. Maybe I need you to feel bad for me (again.. cuz wasn't I just bitchin a few posts back about infertility?!). Cuz I sorta feel bad for me. I'm strong, though.. And I have incredible people in my life who help keep me smiling on the super dark days. 

I'm so incredibly grateful for that. 

Bug has been by my side every day this last week. 


Jake is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. He's my lifeline right now.



6 comments:

kate said...

i'm sorry girl. i wish i could give you a real life hug and take you to lunch or something(even though i've never met you. weird? ya.. i feel like i have though.)

Kate said...

Oh Lovely Lauren

I am so sorry.

k8 xx

jocelyn said...

lauren this is heart wrenching. i'm so sorry. i have so many friends that have been (or are currently) struggling with infertility. i can't wrap my head around why it has to happen to such good people.

Carter Family said...

This makes me cry for you. I can only imagine the heartache you and Jake are feeling. I am so sorry - keep believing because this will pass and you will be successful, you will be an amazing mommy.

I Love you -

Luvs and Hugs
Brooke

Rikki said...

Oh Lauren, I'm heartbroken for you. Sending you lots of love and happy thoughts.

♥ Rikki

Tatyana said...

Dear Lauren, after reading your post,I just can't stop crying,I can only imagine what you are going through,and this is so unfair.I can feel your pain and feel helpless as an outsider...I am so sorry.With my third pregnancy that we really planned I went through lots of emotions, when I was 1 month pregnant i started bleeding and they said that there is a chance that I will loose my baby...that day I felt helpless,trying to keep my hands on my tummy and keep praying and trying to hold on to the little thing inside me...It was hard.I remember I kept screaming "No, no that's can't be !" I think only woman can understand whats its feels like,and especially when your doctor tells you from the beginning that there is a big chance that you will loose your baby,and even if you loose your baby it means that something went wrong...I couldn't take it...I changed my doctor...my whole pregnancy was a disaster,at 20 weeks when everything settled down, they found a soft markers for Down Syndrome,I was so terrified...On August 9,2011 we had our baby girl, she is healthy and precious, and had no DS,so doctors were wrong. But this is our last baby.Pregnancies are hard.I promise you will have a baby,I just know that, it will happen...I will pray for you every day,I know that our Heavenly Father will send you a beautiful little baby! I just know this! Sending you a BIG, BIG HUG! We love you!