home about adoption facebook pinterest email

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Alaska {continued}

The most incredible part of the trip was in Juneau. We took a helicopter and landed on a glacier!! I can not tell you how giddy we all were... walking on that ginormous chunk of ice took our breath away. Looking down crevaces 100's of feet deep stunned us into silence. It was the most amazing thing I've ever done.. and should be on everyone's 'Top Ten Things To Do Before I Die' list!!









I'm in a lot more pictures... but they're on my FIL's camera. :) Jake took this one..  ha ha.



It was rare for us, but Jake and I both enjoyed dressing up a little for dinner aboard the ship a couple of the nights. The food was INCREDIBLE... every meal was delicious and we overdid it every day with the desserts. Ohhhhh the desserts. I want to go back....

Relaxing with my honey was so nice... just being. Enjoying everything about Alaska! It was lovely to get away and have the freedom to let our minds relax. We had such a fun time being with Jake's parents and they did so much for us which I am truly grateful for. I will miss the 10 hot chocolates a day! Ha ha.. We will definitely do this cruise again one day. And you should do it, too!! :)

xo Lauren

1 comment:

kate said...

That sounds incredible! Jealous!